With the holiday craze, many of us tend to overspend. Here are five tips to save a little cash for yourself this holiday season:
1. Shop Online– If the deal is offered in stores, it’s often offered online, too, but you can save even more online by getting cash back for each purchase. I use ebates – sign into ebates before you place your order and they will give you a percent of your purchase back in cash and automatically apply any coupons available!
2. Price Match– Many of the stores will do it but my favorite deal this year is Walmart: If you purchase an item there and find it someplace else lower, bring your receipt and the ad in and they will give you a gift card for the difference! Find details here.
3. Search for Coupons– Whether you’re shopping online or in store, look for store coupons. Retail Me Not is my favorite for finding discount codes to use online or printable coupons for stores. If there’s a coupon available, it’ll be on this site.
4. Use your Smartphone– I have an iPhone and I LOVE to use shopping apps! These are apps that give you cash or gift cards just for shopping at certain stores or buying certain items. Check out my two favorites: ibotta and Shopkick (I like to trade in my points for Target and Starbucks gift cards- for me! 🙂
And for next year….
5. Shop on Black Friday- I know, I know many of you will think I am crazy but here is what I have learned about shopping on Black Friday: a) You don’t need to be there when the stores open– even going hours later (or the next day, for those opening on Thanksgiving day) you can often find the same deals (just not the giant flat screen TVs!) and b) many of the stores offer the same deals online! Shop in your pjs with your coffee and no crowds!
Good luck saving this season and stay tuned to Capital Region Finds for more deals!