One of my favorite stores to shop in is Target. I have found several great ways to get deals here and will share them below. First, here’s what I got on my most recent trip to pick up some groceries:
1) Text Coupons
Have a smartphone? If so, you can save lots at Target. Start by requesting coupons via text from Target. To get these coupons, simply use your data-enabled smart phone to text the word SPRING to the number 827438.
Current text coupons include:
$1 off fresh produce
$1 off fresh vegetables
$1 off frozen fruit
Target also offers baby product coupons via text. To sign up for the Baby Target Mobile Coupons, just text the word BABY to 827438.
2) Target Coupons
Did you know Target has over 100 coupons you can print from their website? Some are manufacturer coupons but many are Target store coupons and they can be STACKED. This means you can use BOTH a manufacturer coupon and a Target store coupon for one item.
3) ShopKick app (for iPhone or Andriod)
Also if you have a Smartphone, you can take advantage of another great way to save money at Target. Have you tried the ShopKick app? When you walk into certain stores, you can collect “kicks.” Scan certain products and collect even more. The kicks add up quickly and you can then redeem them for e-gift cards to stores such as Target, CVS, Starbucks, etc. Right now, you can get a FREE $2 Target e-gift card on your Shopkick app. Here’s how:
- Click here to download the Shopkick app.
- Click here to get the free $2 Target e-gift card.
- Redeem by May 31st by walking into any Target store.
- Open the app when you walk in.
- Stand in the doorway for a moment.
- The app will recognize you are in Target, give you the free e-gift card AND kicks for walking into the store!
- Use the e-gift card at the register by having the cashier scan the bar code in the app.
4) Target Red Card
What I love about the Target Red Card is that you do not have apply for a new credit card; you can simply open a Target Red Card that links to your checking account. It’s the same as using your debit card or a check at Target BUT you receive an extra 5% off everything when you use it in store or online! (Plus, you always get free shipping at Target.com when you use it.)
So how did I score those groceries for only $3.03? Here’s how:
- Kashi Berry Fruitful cereal on sale for $2.28 a box: Used this coupon for $2 off 2 boxes
- Fresh Express Spinach $1.99 a bag: Used the Target text coupon for $1 off fresh vegetables
- Driscoll’s Strawberries $1.99: Used a $1 off Driscoll’s coupon from completing a Driscoll’s survey AND Target text coupon for $1 off fresh fruit
- Market Pantry frozen strawberries $2.49: Used the Target text coupon for $1 off Market Pantry frozen fruit
- Used $2 Shopkick app e-gift card
Total before coupons: $11.03
Total after coupons: $3.03